Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Odds and Ends of 2017

This is a small gallery of 2017 projects that, while fun, didn't merit their own blog posts. The first is a pinewood derby car. My son did his own car this year (I only helped with his wheels), but I thought it would be fun to make my own.





I also helped a kid from church whose father wasn't around. He wanted a particular style of car, so we did a 3d cut on the CNC and he painted it up.


Occasionally, I'll do a decoration piece like this sign. It was made from some scrap wood given me by a family that moved out a couple years back. Turned out very nicely.


Lastly, I did another piece of halftone art. I already have a post for this style, so no point in making another. I thought it would be fun to make a black and white zebra motif, framed in black. It's fun how you can't see the image in the first picture until after you've seen the result.



I gave away all of these projects as gifts. They were fun to make and turned out nicely. Maybe in the future I'll do a post of projects that didn't turn out well. A "mistakes edition" or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment