Sunday, March 22, 2020

Flip Clock Repair, Cordless Adapter, and More Funny Shirts

It's a mid-year "Odds and Ends" entry, starting with a fun flip clock that my brother gifted me for Christmas a few years back. One of the flip panels broke several months ago. Unfortunately, it's a critical panel--the one that's supposed to prevent the hours from flipping until the minutes wrap from 59 to 00.

I suspect a bad design put continual stress on this panel until the tab broke off. Among all the panels, this one is unique, so I'm not surprised it broke first. It also means I can't just leave it out (the clock would advance from, say, 3:56 to 4:56, then 4:57..4:59 and finally 4:00... ugh!). And I can swap it out for a different panel. Instead, I 3d printed my own and painted it up.


The replacement is actually thinner than the original.



It works great!



Cordless Adapter
While we were repairing fences, my neighbor mentioned (again!) how convenient it would be to have an AC adapter for his cordless tools. He wanted to be able to use them even when all the batteries were dead.

I gutted a dead battery pack, wired in an adapter plug, and purchased an AC adapter with matching specs. Not a big project, but he was very happy with it.



More Funny Shirts
It's been a while since I first made the vinyl cutter or any additional shirts on it. I put together a few designs that I thought would be fun for the family.


The middle shirt is my first attempt at multiple vinyl colors. It came out nicely!


I had hoped to amuse my parents with some of these on our vacation next month, but Coronavirus put a stop to that plan. At least I can wear them during the week as I work from home.

2 comments:

  1. Consider your parents totally amused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your Dad..."Suggestion for next t-shirt: My parents were quarantined and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

    ReplyDelete